Crown Prince Haakon says stepson Marius Borg Høiby’s court docket case has been ‘difficult and hard’ as he breaks silence

Crown Prince Haakon says stepson Marius Borg Høiby’s court docket case has been ‘difficult and hard’ as he breaks silence

Crown Prince Haakon has spoken publicly for the primary time since critical fees had been made towards his stepson, Marius Borg Høiby.

The long run Norwegian king didn’t solution any questions from the media provide in regards to the court docket case all through a public engagement in Trondheim, however he instructed NRK: “It’s been difficult and hard for everybody.”

He added: “It has now been clarified what the fees can be. It’s now as much as the court docket to come to a decision. For our phase, we will be able to proceed to hold out our tasks. Everybody concerned within the case has discovered it difficult and hard.”

Marius, 28, is the eldest son of Haakon’s spouse, Crown Princess Mette-Marit.

On Monday, it was once showed that Marius has been charged with 32 offences, together with 4 counts of rape, a prosecutor stated.

He denies essentially the most critical accusations towards him, however plans to plead to blame to a couple lesser fees in court docket when the trial begins, his legal professional Petar Sekulic instructed Reuters.

© Getty
Marius pictured along with his mom, Crown Princess Mette-Marit, in 2022

If discovered to blame of essentially the most critical fees, Marius may just withstand ten years in jail. He was once first arrested in August 2024.

Marius does no longer hang a royal name and isn’t integrated within the line of succession.

The prosecutor stated the trial may just happen in January and may just last as long as six weeks.

Marius Borg has been arrested for a third time in Norway© Getty
Marius does no longer hang a royal name and isn’t within the Norwegian line of succession

The Norwegian royal court docket stated: “It’s for the courts to imagine this topic and achieve a call. We haven’t any additional remark.”

On Tuesday, Crown Princess Mette-Marit quietly marked her 52nd birthday privately. She and Haakon percentage two youngsters, Princess Ingrid Alexandra, 21, and Prince Sverre Magnus, 19.

Royal couple Down Below

Final week, Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit had been pictured in Sydney, Australia.

Their daughter, Princess Ingrid Alexandra, enrolled on the College of Sydney on the finish of July, the place she is finding out for a three-year stage in social sciences.

Norwegian royals in traditional dress on national day© Shutterstock
Princess Ingrid Alexandra along with her oldsters and brother, Prince Sverre Magnus, in Would possibly

Mette-Marit reportedly spent a longer time frame Down Below to assist her daughter settle after the transfer.

In the meantime, Haakon joined his spouse after a reported go back and forth to Portugal along with his son, Sverre Magnus, and stepson Marius. 

Welcome to The HELLO! Royal Membership, the place 1000’s of royal enthusiasts such as you get to delve deeper into the glorious global of royalty on a daily basis. Need to sign up for them? Simply click on the button under for a listing of membership advantages and becoming a member of knowledge.

Comments

No comments yet. Why don’t you start the discussion?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *